Friday, April 23, 2004

Ommmmmm.....

Today was Josh's first yoga class! We went to a Mommy and Baby yoga class taught by the same instructor I had during my prenatal yoga classes, a great lady named Julie. We had a chance to reconnect with a few people that had been in our class previously, it was fun to see all these formerly pregnant mommies with their babies. It was a nice, laid back class. I don't think all of us were doing the poses at any one time, someone was either nursing, changing, or soothing a baby, but one way or another we all got in some yoga. Josh had a great time just hanging out on the mat beside me. Some of the poses I could lay him underneath me while I was on my hands and knees or in downward dog, he thought that was the greatest!

I've included some pictures of Josh during tummy time....now you may not think that is such a special time, but with babies sleeping mostly on their backs these days, you actually have to spend time every day (ok, most days!) getting them used to being on their tummies. It is usually an unhappy battle, so when you find something they like to play with while on their tummies and they happily spend time there, mommies tend to get excited and take pictures! Besides, this is one of his favorite toys right now, it plays several classical tunes and each instrument lights up as it plays. Soon he'll figure out that you can pull all the characters out of their spots and creat chaos :)



If I hold my fingers right here it keeps playing the song over and over and over and over and over and over....cool huh?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I like it so much I can't help drooling.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Am I done with tummy time yet Mama?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: